In the Fall of 2011 the Arsenal Recreations Soccer League (ARSL) was formed with over 100 registered players in its first season. The ARSL program offers a recreational program priced so that everybody can afford to play. Everyone from ages 4 – 9 are welcome to play and there are no residency requirements like other recreational leagues in Gilbert, Mesa, and other east valley cities. All teams are parent coached and all parent coaches are given the soccer tools and training needed to be the best coach possible every season. This is a wonderful place for young and new players to learn to love the game of soccer.
All of the programs Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club has developed have been very successful; from the Competitive Travel Teams to the Arsenal Academy & Little Strikers Programs. Our ARSL program is no exception to this. We invite you to come join the growing Arsenal family.
Looking towards the future, Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club will look to continue to set the standard in youth soccer, not only in our state, but at the regional and national level as well. We will look to develop not only top players, but top coaches, top teams and top individuals as well.
▪ Soccer for ages 4 through 9
▪ Soccer fields that are well maintained and safe for youth players
▪ Age groups to be offered include U-6 through U-9
▪ Players insured by and members of Arizona Youth Soccer Association and US Youth Soccer
▪ Games played on Saturdays at the Paloma soccer complex
▪ Teams formed on a neighborhood basis, but with special requests considered
▪ Head coaches to be parent volunteers
▪ Coaches will be supplied with coaching shirt and coaching package to assist with practices
▪ Head coaches will set practice times and places, one or two per week, depending upon age
▪ Player uniform package will include jersey, shorts, and socks
▪ Each team will also have access to the professional trainers and coaches from Arsenal
▪ Coaching education for the recreational coaches will be offered
The league will be extremely organized and run by two of the most experienced youth soccer administrators in Arizona.
▪ Andy Barber– Andy Barber has been with Arizona Arsenal Soccer for nearly fifteen years. He is the Head Coach of the Highland High School Girls Soccer team, Associate Women’s Head Coach for Gateway Community College and is involved with multiple Arsenal Teams. Barber holds an NSCAA Advanced National License and a USSF National “C” Coaching License. As Director of the ARSL Andy brings superior administrative qualities, a tireless work ethic, and a passion to bring the game of soccer to all. Contact Andy – ARSL@azarsenalsc.org (Program Director)
▪ Jonathan Berzins – Jonathan Berzins has been a mainstay in the Arizona Arsenal Soccer scene over the last decade. He is the Heads Women’s Coach at Chandler Gilbert Community College, he won a State Championship with the Highland High School Girls Soccer team and is involved with multiple Arsenal Teams. Berzins holds a USSF National “B” Coaching License and an NSCAA National Premier License.
The goals of our ARSL program are to provide recreational soccer in a safe and healthy environment where the kids can have fun and advance their skills, where adult volunteer coaches will be offered a soccer education geared toward working with youth players, and where young players will gain insight into teamwork, building a lifelong love for the game, and an opportunity to stay fit and healthy through physical education.
Arsenal Recreational Soccer League – Come And Be Part Of The Best Soccer Organization In Arizona
Fall 2018 Season – $90
The start date for the ARSL Winter/Spring Season will be mid-September and will run until mid-November with practice day(s) being set by our volunteer coaches. Players will be given their jerseys the week of the first game. Your team placement with coach and practice location will be going out prior to the first game.
If you are interested in becoming an volunteer coach, which includes a free registration, please contact Andy Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds will be offered to registrants minus a $25 processing fee prior to participation and once participation has occurred there will be a prorated refund available to registrants.