Winter Season Registration opens November 12th and that the season starts February 6th with a week off for Spring Break!
In the Fall of 2011 the Arsenal Recreations Soccer League (ARSL) was formed with over 100 registered players its first season. The ARSL program offers a recreational program priced so that everybody can afford to play. Everyone is welcome from ages 4 – 9, there are no residency requirements like all of the other recreational leagues in Gilbert, Mesa, and other east valley cities must adhere to. All teams are parent coached and all parent coaches are given the soccer tools and training needed to be the best coach possible every season. This is a wonderful place for young and new players to learn to love the game of soccer.
All of the programs Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club has developed have been very successful from the Competitive Travel Teams to the Arsenal Academy & Little Strikers Programs to the new Arsenal Recreational League. There are many more great Arsenal programs that are in the works as well. We invite you to come join the growing Arsenal family.
Looking towards the future, Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club will look to continue to set the standard in youth soccer, not only in our state, but at the regional and national level as well. We will look to develop not only top players, but top coaches, top teams and top individuals as well.
- Soccer for ages 5 through 10
- Soccer fields that are well maintained and safe for youth players
- Age groups to be offered include U-5 through U-10
- Players insured by and members of Arizona Youth Soccer Association and US Youth Soccer
- Games played on Saturdays at the new Paloma soccer complex
- Teams formed on a neighborhood basis, but with special requests considered
- Head coaches to be parent volunteers
- Coaches will be supplied with coaching shirt and coaching package to assist with practices
- Head coaches will set practice times and places, one or two per week, depending upon age
- Player uniform package will include jersey, shorts, and socks
- Each team will also have access to the professional trainers and coaches from the Arsenal
- Player clinic to be offered before regular season begins
- Coaching education for the recreational coaches will be offered
The league will be extremely organized and run by two of the most experienced youth soccer administrators in Arizona.
- Jonathan Berzins – Jonathan Berzins has been a mainstay in the Arizona Arsenal Soccer scene over the last decade. He is the Heads Men’s and Women’s Coach at Chandler Gilbert Community College, he is the Head Coach of the recently crowned State Champion Highland High School Girls Soccer team and is involved with multiple Arsenal Teams. Berzins holds a USSF National “B” Coaching License and an NSCAA National Premier License. As Director of the ARSL Berzins brings superior administrative qualities, a tireless work ethic, and a passion to bring the game of soccer to all.
Contact Jonathan – ARSL@azarsenalsc.org (Program Director)
- Tim Barmettler – Tim is the current coaching director of the Arizona Arsenal Soccer Club overseeing 30 plus competitive coaches and 46 competitive club teams. Tim has coached both professional and college soccer teams, and won several state high school soccer championships before retiring as the boys head coach at Highland HS, his club teams have won multiple state championships and been consistently ranked as some of the top teams in the nation. Tim and his wife Barb both coach in the club and are both teachers in the Gilbert School District. They have two kids playing in the Arsenal program and reside in the Val Vista Lakes area.
Contact Tim – email@example.com (Club Head Coach)
The goals of the new program will be to provide recreational soccer in a safe and healthy environment where the kids can have fun and advance their skills, where adult volunteer coaches will be offered a soccer education geared toward working with youth players, and where young players will gain insight into teamwork, building a lifelong love for the game, and an opportunity to stay fit and healthy through physical education.
Arsenal Recreational Soccer League – Come And Be Part Of The Best Soccer Organization In Arizona
Winter 2017 Season – $80
The start date for the ARSL Winter Season is February 6th 2017 and will run until April 1st (1 week off for Spring Break), with practice day(s) being set by the coach. Players will be given their jerseys the week of the first game. Your team placement with coach and practice location will be going out 2 weeks prior to first game which will be February 18th.